Tuesday 6 November 2012

My experience with Chetana

I am a 19 year old college student, I have been associated with Chetana from 3 months. The beautiful journey began when my father introduced me to Pragya Ji, coordinator, secretary of Chetana.. She influenced me to work for society, and told me about her journey as full time social worker few years back to working part time with Chetana since 12 months..
When I joined Chetana I was the only youth to work with women ranging from 10-25 years age of social work experience...Earlier I was quite hesitant to speak as I was very young and inexperienced as compared all the volunteers.. But all the other members never considered me indifferent to them, they were very warm and asked my opinion before coming up with any decision.. I was assigned all the creative tasks from designing brochures to writing blogs.. They felt that I bought new and energetic ideas in the organization.. That made me more comfortable with the members..
More than happiness I am satisfied with the work I do for Chetana.. Working for destitute women, oppressed women gives me feeling of content.. I am proud to associated with Chetana..
Every project of Chetana, be its Safety programme for adolescent girls, or its free legal aid to women who do not have means to fight for their rights, or its Vrindavan widows project inspires me to work more and more for upliftment of women..

Chetana has risen from being just an affliation to Bhartiya Stree Shakti to an independent and strong organization..
Its attracting more and more volunteers, we have women from all areas of society including lawyers, psychologists, professional social workers, students, working professionals volunteering for Chetana..
I see more and more youth, housewives, working ladies to contributing their time and talent to Chetana..

Mehak 
Volunteer, Chetana

No comments:

Post a Comment